Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Mystery of the Broken Whiskers

I have no idea what Corelli does while I'm at work. There are at least eight or ten hours of any given day left to mischief. Apparently she is doing something either violent, stupid or crammed into a tiny, whisker-breakingly confined area. How do I know this? If the use of "whisker-breakingly" as an adverb didn't tip you off, I know this because her whiskers are broken. Moron. Observe:

At first I noticed that her lovely white whisker - the lightning rod of all her kitty stress, perhaps? - was broken. Then I really focused on her cute little cheek and noticed they were all broken. Strange. I called my sister, The Vet, and made sure there wasn't some kind of whisker sickness that cats can be struck down with. There is not. At least not one that breaks whiskers. (They fall out. And the medical term would not be "whisker sickness.") Apparently she got herself into some kind of face-mushing, whisker-bending situation that she could not recover from gracefully. think I need a nanny-cam.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa. said...

It's a good thing she has nice fur since her whiskers are looking pretty shoddy. I, too, often wonder what the hell cats do with their days. There is so much sleeping while I'm home, that it has to be good. Or maybe she's just watching Dallas marathons or something. Which, honestly, would also be exciting.

9:02 PM  
Blogger .francesca said...

whoo it's getting twilight zoney up in here. corelli still looks beautiful even with broken lightning rods!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home